Bournemouth Methodist Church at Victoria Park consists of a wide range of different people, from all ages and differing backgrounds. We aim to be an intergenerational community which shares the good news of the Gospel of Jesus and the love of God and provides a place of welcome for everyone.
All will find a very warm welcome here.
Methodism in Winton was established in 1870 and the first church was built on Peters Hill in 1875.The current premises on the corner of Edgehill and Jameson roads was opened in 1928 first with the church, and then in 1936 the halls were added. It is a light and airy building of warm brick and oak with a high vaulted roof, and tall windows. In 1947 to 1948 the three windows at the centre of the building were replaced by beautiful stained glass windows depicting scenes from the life of Christ
Further changes were made to the interior in 2004 to open up the front and the vestibule and in 2018 the pews were replaced by chairs to make this beautiful space more versatile and practical.
In March 2020 we opened the 'WELCOME INN CAFE' using the space during the week. The adjoining halls are used by various groups across the week.
The historical details are taken from a book compiled in 2003 by Reg Stokes.
Bournemouth Methodist Church at Victoria Park use the following resources: